This Halloween, eight witchy authors – Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Rachel Hawkins, Danielle Paige, Brittany Geragotelis, Michelle Krys, Cara Lynn Schultz and Valerie Tejeda – are raising their collective wands to issue a seriously spooky Instagram challenge: Show us your best witch or warlock. Take part in the #showmethemagic contest for a chance to win personalized signed copies of each authors’ books. Here are the ingredients rules, keep reading if you dare:
- Dress up. In order to start this magical concoction, you must first don your best witch or warlock costume. While classical witches are of course accepted, contestants are encouraged to think outside the cauldron and create a family-friendly ensemble unique to their personalities. Whether you’re Disney’s Maleficent, the Wicked Witch from the East, “Buffy’s” Willow, The Mortal Instruments’ Magnus Bane, or a witch or warlock you’ve dreamt up, the possibilities are endless.
- Snap a selfie. To bring this delicious recipe to a boil, add photos.
- Post to Instagram using #showmethemagic. To finish the spell, post your photos to Instagram with the hash tag #showmethemagic. The authors will carefully consider each submission and contestants may post as many times as they like… just be sure to use the hash tag #showmethemagic.
The winner of the #showmethemagic contest will receive personalized signed copies from the authors of the following books:
- Kami Garcia (IG)– Beautiful Creatures, Unbreakable, Unmarked
- Margaret Stohl (IG) – Beautiful Darkness, Idols, Icons
- Rachel Hawkins (IG) – Hex Hall series
- Danielle Paige (IG) – Dorothy Must Die
- Brittany Geragotelis (IG) – What the Spell, Life’s a Witch, The Witch is Back
- Michelle Krys (IG) – Hexed, Advanced Readers Copy of Charmed
- Cara Lynn Shultz (IG) – Spellbound, Spellcaster
- Valerie Tejeda (IG) – Advanced Readers Copy of Hollywood Witch Hunter
The #showmethemagic contest is open now and closes November 2nd at 12:00 a.m. PST. Eligible contestants include all U.S. and Canadian residents.
If you’re looking for a little witch-spiration to get you started, check out the slideshow below.
* Also, if you’re looking for more witches in your life, don’t miss a chance to snag some of Jen McConnel’s witchy ebooks during the month of October, with her Month of Magic giveaway!